Welcome!



When I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease in January 2011, the first thing I went looking for was information. The second was the stories of others who had been through what I have--particularly those who are living well on the other side. That's why I created this blog: to share with you what I have learned, and what I have experienced, so that you can find comfort in knowing it's going to be okay.


Have a Cup of Coffee and Go to Bed

3 1/2 weeks after radioactive iodine treatment...

Yesterday I drank a cup of coffee and then laid down and slept for almost two hours. No, this is not normal behavior for me. In fact, a couple of years ago, I gave up coffee all together. I found it was making me too hyper (shaky) and I had trouble sleeping at night. Little did I know that my hyperactivity may have already been related to Graves' Disease.

Being off coffee's been good overall. The longer I've been off, the less I craved it. But now, when I find I crash out within a few hours after getting up (some days I have trouble even getting up), coffee has become my friend again.

Here's the problems with coffee: it doesn't always work.

This is a tired like nothing I've ever experienced before. It gives me a new appreciation for all my hypothyroid friends and family members. Hypothyroidism may be more easily treatable, but it's not necessarily an easier road to walk--particularly because it's difficult to keep your eyes open.

Thank goodness for the endocrinologist, who I get to visit again tomorrow. I hope she's got some synthetic thyroid hormone to prescribe me, or I may have to upgrade to espresso.

Comments

  1. I switched to bovine supplements after my symptoms increased in levotoid. Bovine is working fine just like my previous thyroid medications. It is essential to my energy and well-being.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts